29 February 2008

Video ceramah Dato' Seri Anwar dan Wee Choo Keong di Wangsa Maju




To view the videos, please click here.


Also, here's what happened before I gave my speech yesterday...

Before the ceramah started, a resident came up to me with a list of problems, which have not been attended to by the MCA candidate. The issues are security in Wangsa Maju, clogged and smelly drains, flats not re-painted for many years, children's playground too small for the 7,000 residents and they have not seen his face ever since he was elected in 2004.

After walking about and talking with the voters for the past few days, I could gather that their No.1 concern is the security and high crime-rate in Wangsa Maju.

In fact, security is one of the major issues in Malaysia now and Malaysians are very concerned with this life-endangering state of affair, which has been grossly neglected by the Barang Naik party.

I am told that only 7% of the police force was allocated for crime prevention and the rest was for crime investigation and special branch, which is to monitor the activities of the opposition parties. I dare say that 7% is far too low and it was for this reason that the crime rate in Malaysia is on the increase.

It looks like the Barang Naik administration is not interested in crime prevention and is solely responsible for the total failure of its policy in this area. And it is for this reason that Nurin was kidnapped in Wangsa Maju.

Let's be serious about the issue of crime prevention. Now that Nurin had been kidnapped and until this day the police is still groping in the dark ... let's give this matter serious thought.

Let's not wait until our children are kidnapped and then start taking action. It will be too late. Therefore, let's take preventive actions by using your precious vote to vote for me, WHO SAYS WHAT HE MEANS AND MEANS WHAT HE SAYS.

My dear voters, if you elect me as your MP, fighting crime will be one of my main priorities. I will push the government to make crime prevention as one of Malaysia's main national agenda. I will make sure parliament will hear me and take positive action. I will make sure I deliver.

Therefore, please help me to help you. I need your vote to speak for you - in and out of parliament. Thank you.

Undilah KeADILan! Vote KeADILan!


Here, Video V K Lingam - please click on inks to view.

Part I

Part II

Part III