28 April 2008

Swearing-in ceremony of Members of Parliament

Today's session, which began at approximately 10.00 a.m., was mainly preoccupied with the election of the Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat, swearing-in of individual Members of Parliament totalling 222 members and finally election of the Deputy Speakers.

The position of the Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat was won by YB Pandikar Amin as he was the only nomination. The positions of the two Deputy Speakers however had three nominations, namely YB Datuk Dr Wan Junaidi Bin Tuanku Jaafar, YB Datuk Ronald Kiandee and YB Tan Seng Giaw. The first two YBs were successful in their election.

The first two newly elected lawmakers to be sworn in as Members of Parliament were the PM and the Deputy PM. My turn to be sworn in came about at approximately 12 noon.

It is important to note that newly elected lawmakers only become full-fledged Members of Parliament after they have taken their oath of office.

The gist of my swearing-in statements essentially covers my solemn declaration:
1. That I, Wee Choo Keong, being chosen as a member of parliament, vow to honestly fulfill my obligations to the best of my ability, and
2. I pledge my true loyalty to Malaysia, and ,
3. I vow to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution

Tomorrow, the Yang Di Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, will officially open the first session of Parliament which will be followed by His Royal Address.
- 翻译员:angel_x , Wee Choo Keong 致于万二分谢意 -
國會議員宣誓就職儀式

今天的國會議程約在上午十點開始﹐內容大多是關於下議院議長的推選﹐和總數222位國會議員的個人宣誓就職儀式。

議 長的席位是由尊貴的PANDIKAR AMIN在沒有對手的情況下獲得﹐兩名副議長席位卻有三人角逐﹐那就是YB Datuk Dr Wan Junaidi Bin Tuanku Jaafar, YB Datuk Ronald Kiandee 和 YB Tan Seng Giaw。前述兩位議員成功獲得副議長席位。

頭兩位宣誓的議員就是我們的正副首相。輪到我的時候都已經中午12點了。

必需要強調的是﹐新任國會議員只有正式宣誓就職﹐才能真正的受承認為國會議員。

我所宣誓的內容如下﹕
1. 我﹐黃朱強﹐身為被人民委託之代議士﹐宣誓將竭盡全力忠實的履行我的義務﹐和
2. 我真誠的效忠馬來西亞﹐和
3. 我宣誓保存﹐維護和捍衛聯邦憲法。

明天﹐國家元首 Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin 蘇丹陛下將會親自為國會第一次會議開幕。


Before my swearing-in ceremony, here's a shot of my opposite view of where the BN MPs sit. At the far end is the public gallery. In the centre, the PM was taking his oath of office.
在我宣誓之前﹐這是我對面國陣議員們席位的照片。在其盡頭是公眾席位。在正中央﹐首相正在宣誓就職。


Here's a shot of my opposite view to my left
這是我左方的對面景象。


Saying hello and catching up with my fellow ...
和我的同僚打招呼寒喧幾句。。。


Pakatan Rakyat elected lawmakers before the ceremony
在儀式開始前的反對黨候任議員們。。。


Your yang Berkhidmat taking oath of office
為你服務的議員宣誓就職啦。。。


Here is where I will be sitting as Member of Parliament
for Wangsa Maju
這就是我為旺沙馬珠居民們請命的席位﹐也將是我的砲臺。