02 March 2008

Notice to the rakyat of Wangsa Maju

UPDATE 1.40 pm: If a scandal of such magnitude, where Ground of Judgment has been written by a lawyer, happened in UK, America or other developed countries, the government would have collapsed. For the same reason, all Malaysians must reject the Barang Naik party as it has raped the judiciary.


This is to inform the rakyat of Wangsa Maju that today, 03 March 2008, there will be no activity carried out by me in the morning or afternoon in the constituency. All activities scheduled for the evening will go on as usual.

Given a choice, I would never have chosen not to spend time visiting my constituents and discussing issues with you during this critical period – but national duty calls.

Today is the day I have to submit my final written submission for the Royal Commission of Inquiry into the V K Lingam video tape scandal which became public on 19 September 2007.

As you would have known, I have been one of the main personalities in this inquiry. I have spent a total of 17 days at the Royal Commission of Inquiry, which ended on 15 February 2008, fighting tooth and nails to get to the bottom of the rot in our judiciary so that good may come out of it.

I did it for none other than king and country and for every Malaysian citizen, which includes everyone of you in Wangsa Maju, that our judiciary may never be compromised again.

I strongly believe an independent and righteous judiciary is integral to our parliamentary democracy and it’s our last bastion for all injustice. When our judiciary is put right, only then will our country and rakyat truly enjoy the freedom, economic prosperity and protection we rightfully deserve.

I hope to God I will be doing my best today. Thank you.

Saya yang Berkhidmat,

Wee Choo Keong