08 March 2008

Terima Kasih, Xie Xie, Nandri, Thank You !

It's just passed 5.00 pm, Saturday, March 8, 2008.

The casting of votes for the 12th General Election has ended. And I was informed that the first results of the poll will probably begin to trickle in as early as 7.00 pm.

We shall wait with anicipation for ours.

For Wangsa Maju, like all other constituencies throughout the country, there will only be one winner, be it for state or parliament.

In our case, one representative will represent you Wangsa Maju-ians in Parliament. I pray that you have voted wisely ... rightly, and everything being equal, may the better man wins.

I hope, with all the support that you have shown and given me for the last 13 days, to be that man. For I sincerely believe I will be more than able to do the job. I know deep in my heart Wangsa Maju's problems are not insurmountable. All that is needed is for that one man to stand fearless to speak for the rakyat of Wangsa Maju and to serve without fear or favour.

We shall know, won't we, who it will be before the night is over.

Whatever the outcome, I will accept the report card that you have issued me. Whether I win or not is not important. What is important is that Wangsa Maju wins. Let the rakyat's voices be heard and let the changes that are so sorely needed here begin to take place and not be empty promises.

Should I be unsuccessful in this campaign, let me assure all Wangsa Maju-ians that I will continue to be available to serve you should you require my service. That is my promise and my commitment.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Wangsa Maju-ians for indulging me and giving me the opportunity to share with you my concerns and vision. I also thank you for your trusts, warm welcome and warm encouragements. I also thank you for doing all you can to help me promote my cause.

My sincere thanks also go to my fellow party members, associates and friends who tirelessly sacrificed their time and effort to help in my campaign. There's absolutely no way that I could have done it all on my own.

Thank you. We'll be in touch.